Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cozy (Pink/Blue) Baby Layette

     If you have followed my blog for some time you may think this looks familiar and it should because I've posted the hat and booties before (here), since that post I have added to the set a blanket and a matching gift bag that I absolutely love!

     For the bag I use a hole punch to make the holes, and then I sc in each one all the way around, then I sl st to join the end.
      The blanket is very similar to the other fleece blankets I've made in the past (here) except I found I could "cheat" (because of the fluffy yarn) by only doing a single round and not doing a ch in between each sc.
     I think using  Red Heart Baby Clouds definitely ties the whole set together and allows me to make a matching baby girl set.
     Because I used the Provo Craft Knifty Knitter blue round loom for the newborn hat it was easy to adjust the size (by switching to the green loom) of it when I had the opportunity to make a matching "big sister" hat! :)
    The gift tag below was done by the author of Spare Thyme Ink who does many beautiful things in the paper crafting world!

No comments:

Post a Comment