Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crochet Puppet Scarf

One day while causally browsing Ravelry's free crochet pattern data base, I ran across this adorable scarf which had puppets on the end. It was such a fun idea I instantly added it to my favorites and tried to think of someone to make it for. Eventually I thought of a little four year old girl who loves puppies (what four year old doesn't?) and rainbows. Since the original pattern didn't have dog puppets I had to tweak the ears and the nose a little to make them look like puppies. I also decided to add wiggle eyes instead of the crocheted eyes the pattern dictated.
 For the nose I just omitted round 29, and for the ears I wrote a new pattern:
ch 6 (leave a tail long enough to sew with)
Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc 3, ch 2, turn,
Row 2: dc 2 in next st, dc 2, dc 2 in next st, ch 2, turn
Row 3: dc 2 in next st, dc 1, (dc 2 in next st) twice, dc 1, dc 2 in next st, ch 2, turn,
Row 4: (Dc2tog) twice, dc 2, (dc2tog) twice, ch 2, turn,
Row 5: (dc2tog) 3 times, turn
Row 6: sk 1st st, hdc 3 in next st, sl st in next st, tie off. weave in this end only and use the other end to attach it to the puppet
I think overall after all my changes it turned out pretty cute. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the changes. Thanks for sharing. Excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete